The first generation of sunscreen preparations consisted of minerals such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. UV radiation is reflected on the minerals,
but causes a white deposit on the skin.
A clear solution was obtained through the finest grinding of the minerals down to nanoparticles, which resulted in good sun protection in cosmetics.
However, dermatological studies showed that these mineral sun filters dried out the skin, leading to a dry texture,
Ruined makeup and impeded wound healing.
Another cosmetic handicap is the insolubility of mineral filters in the aqueous phase of cosmetics.
The second generation of sun protection uses chemical filters that do not have the effect of white deposits on the skin. Chemical filters, synthesized in the laboratory and not found in nature, attempt to mimic the properties of the skin’s natural melanin as closely as possible. However, with a low level of efficiency. Chemical filters absorb UV radiation and convert it into heat with a maximum efficiency of approx. 60%. The remaining 40% of radiation creates free radicals in the skin. These oxidize the skin lipids, damage proteins and change the genome of the skin stem cells.
In a third generation, attempts are being made to make the sun protection products more tolerable for the skin by mixing different filters. Mineral oils are said to improve the water resistance of the sun protection. But by occluding the skin, the NMF’s antioxidants are compromised and free radicals can also damage the skin after sun exposure.
With APTOSOL we have succeeded in developing the ultimate sun protection for the skin in a dermatological all-in-one formulation as the fourth generation.
In addition to a newly developed galenic system, which transports active ingredients precisely into different layers of the skin and adjusts the concentration exactly to the skin’s metabolism, a natural light protection filter is the unique selling point and scientific innovation.
APTOSOL is the next-generation formulation for natural sun protection for skin stem cells and an all-in-one galenic for comprehensive skin care based on molecular-biological research.
LANDSBERG First Class Aesthetic has once again found a diamond in the jungle of the cosmetics industry that fits perfectly into the portfolio of device-based cosmetics and the premium segment of active ingredients.
HERE you get all the information.